If you’re a highly motivated person with amazing people skills, we’d love to have you join the Edgewater Fitness team! Edgewater Fitness is committed to hiring dependable, hard working individuals to improve our team. Starting in March 2018, benefits will be available to all roles working 30 plus hours a week!
Please see below for all job openings. If interested in any of these positions, please fill out our employment application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at Edgewater Fitness.
The ideal candidate would exhibit the following behavior and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in an exercise science related field including Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or Fitness.
- Or IHRSA-accepted certification (ACSM, ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NSPA, NASM and CSCS).
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CPR and AED certifications.
- Working knowledge of all fitness systems and proper techniques and ability to repair non-working fitness equipment.
- Ability to enforce operating policies and procedures in an effective and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated customer relations/communications skills; ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with co-workers, members, and guests.
- Ability to read instructions and to document and report on work activities.
Member Service Desk Attendant
SUMMARY: The MSD Attendant is responsible for greeting guests and members to the Club, responding to inquiries regarding Club programs and activities, and providing support to various administrative areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will:
- Ensure proper check-in of all members and guests: confirm membership cards and account status messages; collect fees and registration forms when applicable.
- Provide effective member service assistance by processing ID cards and lost key payments; coordinating lost and found activity; selling and maintaining inventory of retail and café items; and maintaining complimentary coffee service.
- Answer all phone calls using friendly, professional manner and recording messages accurately and legibly; and taking accurate appointments for massage, nursery, and special events.
- Communicate Club activities and membership programs to members and guests with effective promotion of identified special events. Maintain class schedules, forms and information of Club programs; distribute as necessary.
- Use point-of-sale terminal/cash register effectively to record all Club transactions (including retail, cafe, guests, massage, locker rental, nursery, and special events).
- Handle membership inquiry calls, tours, cancellations, freezes and other related issues effectively, referring each to appropriate staff members with accurate and helpful information.
- Assist in other areas organizing and completing administrative tasks as delegated; maintain a clean, organized MSD area.
- Project a professional demeanor at all times while in the Club, and maintain positive relationships with staff and members.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Edgewater Fitness Employee Handbook and other Club manuals.